Using multiple Skype accounts on mac is cool. Some person need to hide their identity of need to use Skype for business purpose. So they need to use separate Skype accounts. Here we have covered three easy methods to use multiple Skype accounts on mac or windows.
Following are the Methods you need to follow to…
Run multiple Skype accounts on Mac:
In Mac, there is no simple workaround to launch multiple instances of Skype client. The easiest way is to use the app – Multi Skype Launcher to open a second instance of Skype.
Download the Multi Skype Launcher app, extract it and click on it. It will prompt you to enter your password. Once that is done, you will see a second Skype client show up in your Mac. You can then login to the secondary account.
Make Use of Skype for Web to Run Multiple Skype accounts on mac
The web version of Skype can come in very useful in achieving the aim in question: Skype for Web supports messaging as well as voice calls and video chats, so you can use it as a separate communication tool besides your main desktop Skype app to stay in touch.
What you need to do is:
- open the Skype web application via your web browser;
- create a secondary user account;
- log in to the Skype web app with your secondary account.
Now you can use Skype accounts on Mac at the same time.
But what if you need more concurrent Skype instances on your PC?
To create as many Skype accounts in Mac OS as you want and run them all at once, you can use:
- different web browsers;
- multiple browser profiles;
- the incognito mode of your browser besides your normal-browsing mode.
Create Additional Desktop Skype accounts on Mac
Note: Unfortunately, this method will not work for the new desktop Skype. Thus, you should get the classic Skype app to perform the following trick.
To be able to access Skype accounts in Mac at the same time in Win 7/10, do the following:
- First, find out whether you are running a 32- or a 64-bit version of Windows: My Computer -> Right-click on it -> Properties -> System -> Find your system type.
- Now open the Run command box: Windows logo key + R (or type ‘run’ (without quotes) into the Start menu search box and click on the result).
- Insert the following command:
- If you use a 32-bit version Win 7/10, type: “C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\skype.exe”/Secondary
- If you run a 64-bit OS, type: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe”/secondary
Note: Make sure you installed the Skype app to the default folder. Otherwise, you will need to edit the instructions above (the pathway part, to be precise) to make them work properly.
Now you can sign in to each of your two Skype apps with a separate account and run them simultaneously. In fact, using the instructions above, you can create as many Skype accounts as you need and use them concurrently.
In addition, you can create special shortcuts to make things much easier.
Here is how you can do that:
- File Explorer / Windows Explorer
- If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, go to: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\”
- Those who run a 32-bit OS should navigate to: “C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\”
- Locate the Skype.exe file -> Right-click on it -> Send to -> Desktop
- Now go to your desktop -> Right-click on the shortcut in question
- Properties -> Shortcut
- Target -> Add ‘/secondary’ (without quotes) to the end of the line
Call the shortcut ‘MultipleSkype’ or something like this. To run multiple Skype accounts, keep double-clicking this shortcut.
To close your multiple Skype instances:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager
- Locate the Skype instances you want to close
- Click on End Task to stop them
(Credits – How to geek)
Use Skype and Skype for Business in Parallel
You can easily keep your work and personal contacts separate and stay available for them all by using both Skype and Skype for Business. Although these apps have surprisingly similar names and are often confused with each other, Skype and Skype for Business are by no means the same thing. Actually, they are independent apps: you can run them simultaneously without any conflict of interest, which means you have at least 2 accounts to make use of at once. And if you want to know more about the powerful business communication tool entitled ‘Skype for Business’